Monday, July 11, 2011

My Host Family and City

Hello Everyone!

So...I have great news to share: I know have my host family and city for when I leave in...just five weeks! I will be staying in the city of Changzhou in the Jiangsu Province. I was actually contacted by a German exchange student staying in that city last month (on my birthday, no less) telling me that I would be staying there. I didn't tell anyone because it was not yet official and could have been changed. Although I was really hoping for a REALLY big city, I think Changzhou will suite me well. While Changzhou is small by Chinese standards, it boosts a healthy population of six-million people (if you didn't laugh...that's supposed to be funny)! It also is in southern China directly between Shanghai, a city of 23 million people and Nanjing, a city of eight-million. The average high in July is 89.2°F and the average low in January is 32°F...luckily it's not as cold as it is here!

Next...my host family. Here is a picture of them:

I think the picture is a little old since my host-brother will be 13 in November, but they seem very nice by the picture! My host-father's name is Yue Yu and my host-mother's is Fei Hong. They both work in software-technology jobs, so that should be interesting! My brother's name is Yan Yu (Their names are a lot simpler than mine!), and we will both be going to Changzhou Foreign Language School!

I need to get going, so I'll share pictures and info about the apartment, city, and pet miniature schnauzer, Xiangxiang later!

Blessings,
Jonathan A. Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment